Download Equipment Drop Off Information
We ask competitors & your family members to be CONSIDERATE at all times of the guests who are staying at the Beach House Hotel, especially during the breakfast hours of 8:00-11:00am and during check-in at 4:00pm.
- Overnight security for the Equipment area will begin at 6:00pm on Tuesday August 9th and it continues until 8:00am on Sunday August 14th.
- The Equipment area will be located on the sand across from Noble Park which is adjacent to the Beach House Hotel (our host hotel). The Event Location address is: 1300 The Strand, Hermosa Beach CA 90254
- Access to the Equipment area and the entire course is off of 14th Street. There is a turnaround at the end of 14th St next to the hotel where vehicles can stop temporarily to unload.
- Note that the entire end of 14th Street is a RED zone necessary for police, fire and lifeguard access so please be mindful of where you stop to unload and be ready to move your vehicle quickly if necessary.
- PLEASE BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN CROSSING THE BIKEPATH TO ACCESS THE BEACH AND THE EQUIPMENT AREA. Despite signs and lights, many bikers and pedestrians will not slow down for the crossing zones.
- Dories should be dropped off at the end of 14th Street and staged along the red zone curb, leaving clear emergency access. Crew members will assist with towing your dory and trailer across to the Equipment area or carrying the boat over if you don’t have a sand trailer.
- Absolutely NO private 4x4 vehicles may drive onto the beach. An LA County Lifeguard truck will be available to transport dories.
- The FLORIDA and NEW JERSEY equipment trucks are slated to arrive on Tuesday Aug. 9th in the afternoon and evening, respectively. While these trucks are on 14th Street unloading, access to the drop off area will be unavailable to individual cars. PLEASE park at LOT B – at the end of 13th Street – to unload your gear and walk it one block to the equipment area during this time.