The 2016 USLA National Lifeguard and Junior Lifeguard Championships will be held in Hermosa Beach, CA from August 10 - 13, 2016. Details can be found at
www.uslanationals.org. Brush up on your competition rules, train hard and check back often on our website for regularly updated information! Online registration is now open! (Advance registration is strongly recommended.)
The following is important information from the Lifesaving Sport Committee for all competitors who will be attending the 2016 USLA NATIONAL LIFEGUARD CHAMPIONSHIPS in Hermosa Beach.
- Who may participate:
This competition is open to current Professional, Alumnus, Life, and Junior USLA Members. Approved international competitors who are current members of a national lifesaving organization that is a Full Member of the International Life Saving Federation are also eligible to compete, subject to approval. (Send a request for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org). Unfortunately, Associate Members are NOT eligible to compete, but we welcome you to attend and cheer our lifesavers on!
- Entry Fees:
National Lifeguard Adult Championship Entry Fees: $130
- Relay Race Entry Deadlines: All entries must be submitted by team captains before the following deadlines:
- Landline 8/11 @ 8:30AM
- Taplin 8/11 @ 9:00AM
- Rescue Race 8/11 @ 9:30AM
- Board Rescue 8/11 @ 10:00AM
- Beach Relay 8/13 @ 11:000AM
- START Times:
- THE COMPETITION WILL BE STARTING DAILY AT THE SCHEDULED START TIME OF 8AM. Please be prepared and allow enough time for your warm-up.
- THERE WILL BE A SINGLE CALL FOR EACH EVENT. A FIRST & FINAL CALL ONLY. THE FIRST ONE EACH MORNING WILL BE AT 7:30AM
- EVENTS WILL NOT BE DELAYED FOR CRAFT CONFLICTS, THIS IS A RULE AND WILL BE ENFORCED. BE PREPARED AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME.
- It is your responsibility to know the rules. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of the event(s) you plan on participating in.
- Teams who wish to compete in the "B" Division please be aware of the rules. No exceptions or excuses will be accepted.
- All Chapter Teams are considered in the "A" Division until they request and submit verification to be included in the "B" Division.
- Request must be done annually and must include a letter from the involved agency/agencies employer(s) verifying the number of employed lifeguards.
- The letter must be from an administrator (not the Captain or Chief of a Beach Patrol) from the agency/agencies that comprise the chapter. Letters must be from an official with the agency, not involved in the daily beach patrol operations. It must be received by the Lifesaving Sport Chair one week prior to the start of competition
- Many vendors will be attending the event including HOBIE who will be offering their full line of sunglasses at 50% off.
- The line for last-minute, on-site registration can get long, causing athletes to miss their events. When on-site, you will need to wait in line to use one of the computers we provide with Internet access and you will need to complete all the same steps on-site as you can take today from home. Why wait at the event site? Log-in now and register.