The 2015 Nautica USLA National Lifeguard Championships will be held in Daytona Beach, FL from August 5 - 8, 2015. Details can be found at
www.uslanationals.org. Brush up on your competition rules, train hard and check back often on our website for regularly updated information!
- Who may participate:
This competition is open to current Professional, Alumnus, Life, and Junior USLA Members. Approved international competitors who are current members of a national lifesaving organization that is a Full Member of the International Life Saving Federation are also eligible to compete, subject to approval. (Send a request for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org). Unfortunately, Associate Members are NOT eligible to compete, but we welcome you to attend and cheer our lifesavers on!
- Entry Fees:
National Lifeguard Adult Championship Entry Fees: $125
National Junior Lifeguard Championship Entry Fees: $75
National U19 Lifeguard Championship Entry Fees*:
*Professionals who are competing in the U19 division will pay the Junior fee for this competition. Professionals who also want to compete in the Nationals, Thursday through Saturday must register separately for that competition.
- Junior Guard Instructor Meeting: There will be a Junior Instructor Meeting on Tuesday, August 4 at 5PM at the Competitor Tent on the Boardwalk.
The following is important information from the Lifesaving Sport Committee for all competitors who will be attending the 2015 NAUTICA USLA NATIONAL LIFEGUARD CHAMPIONSHIPS in Daytona Beach.
- THERE IS NO LONGER AN "AA" AGE GROUP IN JUNIORS.
- A NEW GROUPING HAS BEEN CREATED FOR JUNIOR DAY. IT IS CALLED THE UNDER 19 GROUP. THE SAME EVENTS WILL BE CONTESTED PLUS THERE WILL BE A SURF SKI EVENT. THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO BOTH JUNIOR AND PROFESSIONALS WHO QUALIFY.
- Please check the USLA website to review the new rules for this U19 group.
- Professionals who are competing in the U19 division will pay the Junior fee for this competition. Professionals who also want to compete in the Nationals, Thursday through Saturday must register separately for that competition.
- Teams who wish to compete in the "B" Division please be aware of the rules. No exceptions or excuses will be accepted.
- All Chapter Teams are considered in the "A" Division until they request and submit verification to be included in the "B" Division.
- Request must be done annually and must include a letter from the involved agency/agencies employer(s) verifying the number of employed lifeguards.
- The letter must be from an administrator (not the Captain or Chief of a Beach Patrol) from the agency/agencies that comprise the chapter. Letters must be from an official with the agency, not involved in the daily beach patrol operations. It must be received by the Lifesaving Sport Chair one week prior to the start of competition
- As the event is scheduled to be live streamed and taped for television we need to be professional and keep to our schedule.
- THE COMPETITION WILL BE STARTING DAILY AT THE SCHEDULED START TIME OF 8AM. Please be prepared and allow enough time for your warm-up. THERE WILL BE A SINGLE CALL FOR EACH EVENT. A FIRST & FINAL CALL ONLY. THE FIRST ONE EACH MORNING WILL BE AT 7:30AM
- EVENTS WILL NOT BE DELAYED FOR CRAFT CONFLICTS, THIS IS A RULE AND WILL BE ENFORCED. BE PREPARED AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS AHEAD OF TIME.
- It is your responsibility to know the rules. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of the event(s) you plan on participating in.
- Please check the website for additional details on the NAUTICA USLA NATIONAL LIFEGUARD CHAMPIONSHIPS.